Sunday 2 May 2010

Silence.

And so it is, once more.
A weary head, falling asleep.
Nights of the same.
Again and again.
This is what will become of me.

An empty bedroom, a clenched stomach.
My heart is grinding against my chest.
The door is locked, he hands me the key.
A little less cold.
My fingers release the grip.
...safe?

And so it goes, the first time.
A bag. A card. A note.
My heart relentlessly pounding.
My tongue involuntarily licks my lips.
bite.

My head is a buzz, laugh and laugh.
A voice in my head tries to tell me,
Warns me to be safe when I party.
But I can't listen anymore.
I can't hear.

My body is confused and feels broken.
I touch. I stroke. I shake my hair.
A head to my chest.
Listens to my disgusting heart.
yours.

I am free now, a pretty dress adorns me.
My bare hands a symbol of what is lost.
And yet a kiss still lingers on my lips.
Waiting to be shared.
never.

With all this madness...
I feel alive.
Yet pushing on without me,
I am so silent now.

2 comments:

Alga Coho said...

you dont have a disgusting heart, you have a big heart :)
xxx

DariFace said...

big and disgusting! :) xox